Trains to Germany
|Train number||Route||Frequency of service||Weekday|
|13 (440)*||Moscow – Berlin "Strizh"||2 per a week||Friday, Sunday|
|14 (441)*||Berlin – Moscow "Strizh"||2 per a week||Monday, Saturday|
|23 (452)*||Moscow – Paris||1 per a week||Tuesday|
|24 (453)*||Paris – Moscow||1 per a week||Friday|
* train number on German Railways.
Services to the following stations are available: Berlin, Frankfurt am Oder, Erfurt, Frankfurt am main, Karlsruhe.
You can check the timetable, fares and availability in the section "Buying tickets". Please specify the departure and destination stations, as well as the travel dates.
Discounts for individual passengers
- 5% on the upper berths at the points of sale of OJSC Russian Railways (in the compartment category "Single" the discount does not apply);
- 10% on all seats/berths provided that the places have been reserved between 60 to 45 days before the train’s departure.
These discounts do not apply when booking tickets at group rates and the special Voyage tariff.
Travel of children
A child under the age of four travelling with an adult passenger without a separate seat/berth is transported free of charge. It is possible to book a paid children"s ticket with a seat/berth if desired.
A passenger who has booked a seat/berth in a luxury car (business) at the Adult-Single fare has the right to bring free of charge no more than two children up to 12 years of age (up to the day until this age is reached, no more than one child under the age of 12 is allowed in carriages on train No. 13/14 Moscow – Berlin Strizh) on which cash-free tickets are issued in the Russian Federation.
Outside the Russian Federation, booking cash-free tickets for children is not required.
In the compartments in the Double category, travel arrangements in a luxury car (business) are made at a special Adult Family tariff for two co-adult passengers who have the right to bring with them no more than two children under four years of age or one child up to the age 12 (up to the day of reaching this age, in carriages on train No. 13/14 Moscow – Berlin Strizh no more than two children under the age of four are allowed). For each child travelling free of charge, it is necessary to book a cash-free ticket in the Russian Federation.
Booking cash-free tickets for the transportation of children is not required outside the Russian Federation.
Transportation of pets and hand luggage
The transportation of dogs, other small pets and birds is allowed in any class, provided all the seats in the compartment have been paid.
Small (indoor) pets and birds must be transported in cages or baskets etc.
It is not allowed to transport more than one dog or more than one cage in a compartment.
No additional fee for the transportation of dogs, small (indoor) pets and birds is charged.
A passenger can take with him/her free of charge easily transportable items (hand luggage), if this does not contradict the customs or administrative rules.
The sum of the three measurements of one piece of hand luggage should not exceed 200 cm in total, with no one side exceeding 55 cm.
Passengers are allowed to bring with them the following free of charge:
- in first-class sleeping cars, including luxury cars (business), not more than 100 kg of hand luggage per compartment can be carried in a compartment of the Single category (in carriages of train No. 13/14 Moscow – Berlin Strizh – no more than 50 kg of hand luggage per passenger);
- in first-class sleeping cars, including luxury cars (business), in compartments in the Double category no more than 50 kg is allowed for each ticket with a seat/berth (in carriages in train No. 13/14 Moscow – Berlin Strizh – no more than 50 kg of hand luggage per passenger);
- in second-class sleeping carriages and carriages with seats for an adult passenger not more than 36 kg are allowed and for a child under 12 years (until the day it reaches this age) no more than 15 kg for each ticket with a seat/berth (in carriages in train No. 13 / 14 Moscow – Berlin Strizh – for each passenger).
Ticket booking is done on one form. Tickets can be purchased at the international ticket offices of the railways companies along the train’s route (Russia (Russian Railways), Poland (PKP SA), the Czech Republic (CD), Austria (ÖBB), Germany (DB) France (SNCF)).
Electronic tickets can be purchased on the website "Passengers".
There is an electronic registration service on the trains.
To board a train anywhere along the whole route, the passenger must present an electronic ticket (boarding coupon) printed on paper in A4 format or its image on the screen of the mobile device to the carriage conductor, as well as the identity document of the passenger indicated on the electronic ticket.
Electronic registration is performed:
- during the ordering procedure for electronic tickets after the "Payment" step, simultaneously for all the passengers specified on the order;
- repeatedly at any other time on your account;
- both simultaneously for all passengers specified on the order, and for individual electronic tickets on the order.
Cancellation of the service (refusal) of electronic registration can be made no later than one hour before the train departs from the initial station on the route:
- on the website in your personal account;
- by obtaining a boarding coupon (tticket) at a ticket office or self-service terminal on the territory of the Russian Federation.
Rules for refunding ticket costs
Tickets are refunded at the place of purchase.
- if there are more than 6 hours before train departure, 100% of the fare is refunded, but no fare refund is made less than 6 hours before the departure of the train.
- from 60 to 15 days before the train departure, 100% of the fare is refunded and from 14 to 8 days before train departure 50% of the fare is refunded. No fare refund is made less than 8 days prior to the train departure.
In the Russian Federation, a fee of 10 euros is charged for the return of an unused ticket.
Last update: 28.06.2019