Passengers using wheelchairs can book tickets for disabled people on long-distance and high-speed trains from the moment that tickets go on sale.
In order for disabled people to reserve places reserved for invalids on long distance and high-speed trains, the following booking options are recommended:
1. In order to register e-tickets using the Internet, passengers with disabilities travelling in a wheelchair need to register with the Russian Railways' Mobility Assistance Centre.
Registered passengers can book an electronic ticket for themselves and, if necessary, an accompanying person:
- through our website,
- remotely with deferred payment by applying for a ticket through the Russian Railways' Mobility Assistance Centre under 8-800-510-11-11 or by e-mail at email@example.com. The booking application for the electronic ticket is considered remotely within two hours, after which the passenger is sent the number of the electronic ticket's ID order with the details of the electronic ticket filled in and an electronic invoice for payment which contains the link to the payment page. The order must be paid within 24 hours. Payment is made by credit card. Remote booking applications for electronic tickets are no longer accepted 48 hours before the departure of the train from the initial station on the route.
2. To book tickets at the ticket office, it is recommended to reserve a seat through the Russian Railways' Mobility Assistance Centre by phone under 8-800-510-11-11, by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org or through the ticket office.
The Federal Passenger Company then informs the passenger about possible options for her journey and in addition agrees the time and place for the ticket's issue.
Booking tickets for places for people with disabilities on long-distance trains at the ticket office is done upon presentation of an identity document, as well as:
- passengers with disabilities - upon presentation of a document on the need to use a wheelchair (electronic tickets can be purchased remotely);
- passengers who do not have a disability, but who are travelling on emergency trips on stretchers (wheelchairs) - in accordance with the appropriate documents from medical institutions.
Passengers from all categories of disabled persons, as well as passengers travelling to or from medical institutions who, for medical reasons, must be excluded from contact with possible carriers of infectious diseases, can book tickets at the ticket office for places for people with disabilities on long-distance and high-speed trains 10 days before departure and on high-speed Sapsan trains between Moscow - St. Petersburg - Moscow 60 days before train departure.
To book tickets at the ticket office, it is recommended to pre-reserve a seat at the Russian Railways' Mobility Assistance Centre by phone on 8-800-510-11-11, via e-mail at email@example.com or by contacting the ticket office.
Booking tickets for places for people with disabilities on long-distance trains can be done at ticket offices upon presentation of an identity document, as well as a:
- certification of the disability;
- certificate issued by a disability evaluation board;
- certificate issued by the social security medical assessment board;
- certificate issued by the individual rehabilitation programme;
- document of the medical institution.
Inclusion of a carriage with seats for disabled persons on passenger trains
In the absence of a carriage with places for the disabled on the train, a carriage of this type can be included in the formation.
The procedure to make such an application can be found here.