Advantages of travelling by train with Russian
- a wide variety of routes on our long-distance rail network;
- any duration for your trip: from a tour on your day off to an epic train journey
in the biggest country in the world;
- trains with carriages offering different levels of comfort;
- trips on individual international and domestic routes in special tourist trains;
- a flexible system of discounts for groups of passengers.
To book a trip, send a request for special trains or additional carriages to the
Federal Passenger Board with the following information:
- the date of departure;
- the number of people;
- your planned route;
- the category of rolling stock in which you intend to travel.
Deadline for application:
- no later than 60 days before departure for special passenger trains;
- no later than 30 days before departure for additional carriages.
Upon receipt of an application, the client will receive a draft contract defining
terms and conditions. An approximate calculation of the cost is made within 5 working
days. The cost for each route depends on the technical possibilities prevailing at
After receiving the client’s confirmation of the order, we work out the organisational
and technical details of the route. At the request of the client, we can provide additional
services en route:
- hot and cold food;
- cool drinks;
- the latest press.
The client must inform us no later than 10 days before the commencement of the
trip in the event of cancellation or changed conditions.
Russian Railways offer transport services for tourist and other groups
on the railways of Russia and some foreign countries on regular routes or individual
These services include:
- transporting groups of passengers by charter tourist or additional trains to international
- transporting foreign tourists by charter tourist trains on the railways of Russia,
the CIS and Baltic countries
- transporting groups of passengers by charter railway carriages to destinations
both in Russia and abroad
- reserving of tickets for rail services at the request of authorized agents
- transportation by special-purpose trains on tailor-made itineraries