Terms and conditions for issuing travel documents to persons with disabilities on long-distance and high-speed trains:
|Tickets for persons with disabilities are issued
||Terms of registration of tickets
||Purchasing a ticketing
- to passengers in wheelchairs (on stretchers);
|from the first day of sale for long-distance and high-speed trains
- Identity Document;
- an individual rehabilitation programme or other document (including from a healthcare facility) indicating that the person requires a wheelchair (stretchers).
- to passengers with disabilities of all categories;
- to passengers who require urgent travel to/from medical institutions in cases where, for medical reasons, they need to be isolated from contact with persons who may have an infectious disease.
|10 days prior to the departure of long-distance and high-speed trains
||at ticket offices
Identity Document and any of the following:
- a disability certificate;
- a certificate from a disability evaluation board;
- a social security disability medical exam certificate;
- an individual rehabilitation programme;
- a document from a healthcare facility confirming the need to eliminate contacts with persons who may have an infectious disease.
|from the first day of sale for Sapsan trains
Reservation of seats for disabled people in long-distance trains and high-speed trains is available on the application formalized in the mobility assistance Center of JSC "Russian Railways". The terms of the application can be found here.
The transport operator (the Directorate of High-Speed Communications) provides a discount of 40%:
- to passengers travelling in priority seats on trains who have purchased tickets in accordance with the requirements set out above (in the table).
The transport operator (Federal Passenger Company JSC) provides a discount of 50%:
- to passengers travelling in priority compartments on trains who have purchased tickets in accordance with the requirements set out above (in the table).
- to passengers with Category I disabilities travelling in two-person sleeping cars who are participants in the RZD Bonus Loyalty Programme to and from destinations in the Russian Federation.
To receive a discount, passengers with Category I disabilities must visit a Federal Passenger Company ticket office at least 10 days before the first trip and register on the RZD Bonus Loyalty Programme. Upon presentation of a valid form of identification and a certificate from a disability evaluation board or a social security disability medical exam certificate, the passenger will be given a unique account number which can then be used to receive a discount when purchasing tickets online.
Passengers with Category I disabilities who are already participants in the RZD Bonus Loyalty Programme must visit a ticket office and present the relevant documents in order to receive the discount.