OJSC Russian Railways provides registration and payment services to passengers on Sapsan and Lastochka high-speed trains (operated by the High Speed Directorate) and who take part in marketing activities aimed at tariff regulation of the final cost of tickets and electronic tickets (booked online). By purchasing services to participate in the marketing campaign, you agree to all the terms and conditions listed below.
As a user of high-speed Sapsan and Lastochka trains, you acknowledge your right and capacity and financial viability, and state that you are also aware of the responsibility for the obligations imposed upon you as a result of concluding this offer. If the user does not accept the terms of this offer, s/he will not be admitted to registration and payment for participation in the marketing promotions. This offer contains all the essential conditions for participation in the marketing promotions. Rail and e-cards can not be exchanged, returned or rescinded.
Upon receipt of your agreement with the terms of this offer, you must undergo the registration procedure for participating in the marketing campaign by providing the necessary personal data. After paying for participation in the marketing campaign, you will be assigned a personal identification number which matches the number of the rail or e-card which has been issued to you. This identification number is the basis for booking your ticket or e-ticket under the special fare plan.
There are special fare plans for the rail cards:
- "60+" for registering one passenger aged 60 or over, which gives the right to receive the special fare below the fare valid at the time of booking by 50%;
- "School (10/16)" for registering one passenger from 10 to 16 years of age, which gives the right to receive the special fare below the fare valid at the time of booking by 50%;
- "Youth (16/25)" for registering one passenger between 16 and 25 years of age with the right to receive the special fare below the fare valid at the time of booking by 30%;
- "Restaurant" enables one passenger of any age and category to register for 2E carriages (bistro-car on Sapsan high-speed trains) with the right to receive the special fare below the fare valid at the moment of booking by 10% (with applying the reduction factor on the amount for services);
- "Universal" for registering one passenger of any age category on all Sapsan and Lastochka high-speed trains (OJSC Russian Railways) provides the right to apply a special fare below the fare valid at the time of booking by 10%;
- "Saturday" for the registration of a passenger of any age category on all Sapsan high-speed trains departing on Saturdays, provides for the right to apply the special fare below the current fare valid at the time of booking by 20%;
- "Two Capitals" for booking up to 4 passengers of any category and age on high-speed Sapsan trains departing in the morning at the weekend and daily departures (13:00 to 14:00) on weekdays. This plan gives right to apply the special fare plan below the current fare valid at the time of booking by 50%, with the possibility of extending it to all passengers booked on one order.
All special fare plans except for the "Two capitals" can be applied both when booking tickets directly at the ticket offices of OJSC Russian Railways and agents, and when booking electronic tickets on the Internet.
Under the "Two Capitals" fare plan, tickets can only be booked at ticket offices of OJSC Russian Railways and agents.
Tickets and electronic tickets issued under the special tariff plan are subject to the general rules for returns and rebooking under the electronic registration procedure.
Rebooking tickets and electronic tickets booked under the special fare plan is only allowed only on Sapsan trains departing earlier on current days.
Tickets and electronic tickets can be booked under the special fare plan throughout the whole period of the public sale.
Special fare plans under rail and electronic cards do not apply when the user (passenger) makes use of other special offers made by Russian Railways. Only one special offer can be used when a booking a ticket or an e-ticket.
Russian Railways retains the right to extend the range of special fare plans and change the current conditions without notifying participants in the action.
1. Rules for participating in the marketing action
Registering the participation of the user (the passenger) in the marketing campaign offered by the High Speed Directorate is done by ordering a rail or e-card.
Registering participation in the marketing promotions by ordering rail cards is done directly on the Sapsan high-speed trains, as well as at ticket offices of the High Speed Directorate, which is a branch of OJSC Russian Railways, during their business hours.
Registering participation in the marketing promotions by registering e-cards can be done online on the site of Russian Railways.
Tickets and electronic tickets under the rail and electronic cards are on sale at ticket offices connected to the Express Automatic Control System, as well as on the Internet.
To register for a rail or electronic card, you must provide personal data which are necessary to identify yourself as a user of services in the sales system of the Express Automatic Control System.
Upon completing registration for the rail or electronic card, the user (passenger) must check that the personal data entered into the Express Automatic Control System are correct since these personal data will be available on the receipt for the miscellaneous charges made (in the case of a rail card) or on the digital receipt for miscellaneous charges (in the case of e-cards).
Personal passenger data must correspond with the data shown on the document certifying her identity. If the personal data listed on the document are shown in two languages (Russian and Latin), the information in the order must be completed in Russian.
In the event of errors in the personal data, the user (passenger) will not be given access to special fare plans.
To book e-tickets under a special fare plan, the user (passenger) must enter the identification number of the rail or electronic card in addition to her personal data.
Each user booking the order is fully responsible for entering all the travel and personal data of all the passengers correctly.
Tickets and e-tickets under special fare plans are booked according to the fares for transporting adults and children.
To participate in the marketing activities, users (passengers) must be at least 10 years of age.
2. Particulars of booking journeys under special fare plans
Special fare plans do not apply to classes of service 1R [1P in Russian] (compartment-negotiation rooms) and 1V [1B in Russian] (first class).
Reduction factors under the special tariff plans also apply to the cost of a ticket with reserved seats, except for the cost of the services included in the total cost of the ticket.
Payments for services to register participation in the marketing activities are made in the national currency.
The rates set for the payment of services to join the marketing campaign are not fixed and are subject to review at the discretion of the carrier (OJSC Russian Railways).
Changes to the tariffs for services to join the marketing campaign, as well as the conditions for participating in a particular action, are subject to the sole and exclusive review of the carrier without notification of the participants in the action.
3. Boarding the train
According to the contract of carriage, the carrier shall undertake to transport the passenger to the destination and provide her with a place on the train.
On boarding long-distance trains, passengers must present proper tickets or the boarding pass from an electronic ticket, as well as the identification document which was used to make the initial booking.
In the event of any discrepancies between the passenger surname or the number of the identity document shown on the ticket or electronic ticket, the passenger will not be allowed to board the train.
Tickets and electronic tickets booked under a special tariff plan are not transferable and are valid only upon presentation of the relevant identity documents. Ticket resales are not allowed.
The special tariff plans apply only to the railcard owner - the participant in the marketing campaign. Transfer to the use of a personalised rail card is not allowed.